If you are looking for laser dentistry services, talk with Dr. Marc Levine about the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) in Nassau County and Cedarhurst, NY and other gum disease procedures. This is an FDA cleared treatment for periodontal disease and is backed by many scientific studies. The procedure is performed by a select group of dental professionals around the United States. Dr. Levine offers laser gum surgery, along with several other innovative treatment options, to ensure optimal oral health. If you have moderate to severe gum disease, schedule a consultation with Dr. Levine to learn more about the benefits of laser gum surgery.
Benefits of LANAP®
Some of the key benefits of LANAP® include:
• Minimal Discomfort - Since the laser targets diseased tissue, Dr. Levine can eradicate the infection without cutting or stitching the gums. This helps to create a more comfortable patient experience, and few patients need to take pain medication to manage discomfort.
• Fast Healing Time - Dr. Levine uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™ to perform LANAP® in Nassau County and Cedarhurst, NY. This laser used for laser dentistry procedures helps to reduce tissue inflammation without disturbing surrounding healthy tissue. This speeds up the healing process.
• Short Recovery Time - Many patients who undergo laser dentistry procedures at our office can get back to work and resume daily activities immediately after the procedure.
• Minimal Gum Recession - Traditional surgery involves a scalpel, the use of which may result in gum recession. With the traditional procedure, the gum line is reduced by anywhere from two millimeters to 15 millimeters. No incisions are made during the laser dentistry process, so there is little to no gum recession resulting from the procedure.
• Reduced Inflammation - Our laser dentistry procedure removes about 90 percent of inflammation after a single treatment. Dr. Levine can control bleeding with LANAP®, as well.
• Saves Natural Teeth - Our goal is to save and keep your natural teeth with minimal procedures. In many cases, laser dentistry allows us to do that.
If you are interested in learning more about LANAP® in Nassau County and Cedarhurst, NY, set up your consultation with Dr. Levine today. Laser dentistry may be the best option to restore your oral health.